- 13 Feb. '18
Pitch New Works ISPA Congress LeeuwardenThe International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) is now accepting applications for Pitch New Works, a forum for creators and presenters to promote their new performing arts projects that are in development, or that have recently premiered.Selected projects will be pitched at the Leeuwarden-Friesland 2018 ISPA Congress on June 14, 2018. Applicants do not need to be ISPA members (50 USD non-member application fee applies). The deadline to submit an application is Friday, March 2, 2018 at 17:00 EST.
About Pitch New Works
Ten applicants will be selected by a committee of ISPA members chaired by ISPA Board Member, Piotr Turkiewicz (National Forum of Music, Poland), to pitch their new work to more than 400 performing arts professionals from over 50 countries at the Leeuwarden-Friesland 2018 ISPA Congress. They will have seven minutes to present their new work and three minutes to answer delegate questions, facilitated by the host. After the session, participants have the opportunity to interact with delegates during ProEx (Professional Exchange), ISPA’s informal networking session where interested parties can inquire about providing project support, premiere dates, touring opportunities, etc.
Eligible projects must:
Be in development with the premiere planned within the next two years; or- Have recently premiered and has not yet toured outside its region of origin.
For this congress, priorities will be given to projects that reflect the diversity and character of the Netherlands, but all projects will be considered.
Other considerations include:
Generally, projects that premiered more than three years prior to the date of the Pitch New Works session will not be considered.
Multidisciplinary and/or cross-cultural projects are particularly attractive to ISPA delegates, though all project types and applications will be considered.
Submissions from the canon and/or remounts will be considered where there is evidence of a substantially new interpretation and a new production team.- Previously accepted projects are not eligible to re-apply unless there is evidence of a substantial revisiting.
- Generally, projects submitted more than 2 times prior will not be considered. Please contact Nora Fleury, Program and Development Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org before re-applying in this case.
Learn more and apply here.
- 18 Sep. '18Dutch Performing Arts and Flanders Arts Institute took the initiative to closely investigate the musical mobility in the Lowlands: What opportunities are there for Belgian artists to perform in the Netherlands and vice versa? And what room or need is there for improvement?
- 22 Aug. '18The call for proposals for Classical:NEXT 2019 is now open.
- 21 Aug. '18In June this year Dutch Performing Arts commissioned a special Dutch World Stage at networking and showcase festival inJazz, in collaboration with World Music Forum NL. Four Dutch acts presented themselves to an audience of Dutch and international music lovers and presenters. How do they look back on their performance? And what does the future hold for them?
- 14 Aug. '18
For residents of Egypt, Morocco, Russia, and Turkey: Apply for ISPA´s Netherlands Fellowship Programme 2019Following our earlier call, ISPA offers an additional place in the Netherlands Fellowship Programme, supported by Dutch Performing Arts. The programme provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the performing arts community. This call is open to residents of Egypt, Morocco, Russia, and Turkey.
- 13 Aug. '18In June this year Dutch Performing Arts commissioned a special Dutch World Stage at networking and showcase festival inJazz, in collaboration with World Music Forum NL. Four Dutch acts presented themselves to an audience of Dutch and international music lovers and presenters. How do they look back on their performance? And what does the future hold for them?
- 9 Aug. '18ASSITEJ Germany invites every ASSITEJ centre to nominate one director from their country to take part in Directors in TYA – An International Exchange.
- 8 Aug. '18Are you a Netherlands-based maker in field of theatre or dance, or (artistic) director/ representative of a Dutch theatre or dance company, and thinking about going to Performing Arts Market in Seoul (PAMS) 2018? Then you could get a contribution for your visit.
- 2 Aug. '18In June this year Dutch Performing Arts commissioned a special Dutch World Stage at networking and showcase festival inJazz, in collaboration with World Music Forum NL. Four Dutch acts presented themselves to an audience of Dutch and international music lovers and presenters. How do they look back on their performance? And what does the future hold for them?
- 31 Jul. '18ASSITEJ Norway and the Sand festival are on a worldwide search for interesting productions for a young audience. They're hosting next year's ASSITEJ Artistic Gathering in Kristiansand, Norway on 2-7 September 2019.
- 27 Jul. '18ASSITEJ invites 15 performing arts professionals (such as artistic directors, presenters and promoters) to K-PAP 2019.
- 20 Jul. '18Dutch Performing Arts commissioned the Jazz Promotion Network (JPN) to coordinate the focus programme Going Dutch in 2017 and 2018 to support Dutch jazz musicians and/or groups to perform and tour in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland. Check out our overview of upcoming gigs.
- 13 Jul. '18The Dramatic Arts Center of Iran (DAC) organises three international theatre festivals in different genres over the period of 2018-2019. Theatre managers and representatives are invited to submit performances.
- 11 Jun. '18Dance network Aerowaves invites talented emerging choreographers based in Europe to apply for the Aerowaves Twenty.
- 6 Jun. '18The first Dutch artists have been confirmed for the Reeperbahn Festival, Europe’s biggest club festival.
- 30 May. '18This coming summer there are several Dutch performances in the context of Dutch Performing Arts | En France.
- 30 May. '18De Doelen and Dutch Performing Arts promoted the classical and contemporary music scene at the Dutch Pavilion during Classical:NEXT 2018 from 16 to 20 May at De Doelen in Rotterdam.
- 30 May. '18Dutch Performing Arts promotes Dutch music, theatre and dance abroad. These animation and infographics provide an overview of our activities in 2017.
- 30 May. '18Are you a Dutch-based musician, composer or (artistic) director of a Dutch music ensemble and thinking about going to Cinars and/or Mundial Montreal?
- 28 May. '18The Netherlands Fellowship Program provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the Netherlands' performing arts community.
- 24 May. '18The Music Theatre Committee in International Theatre Institute invites makers of operas of all shapes and sizes, which were professionally produced in the past three years, to submit their works.
- load more...