- 29 January
Residencies at PACT Zollverein: Urban FrictionsPACT Zollverein is offering a residency programme for the development and realisation of projects and productions, which is open to professional artists from both Germany and abroad working in the fields of dance, performance and media art.In Spring 2017, PACT launched 1/2/8 a new, central and long-term research and development format with a special focus on the connection between knowledge and actions. The format offers substantial time and space for practices of cooperation between people, objects, space, technology and experimentation. As the focal point of this chapter, the city will become a setting for artistic, social and political activity in which the clash of different infrastructures, needs and living realities gives rise to complexity and productive friction. Over the course of the festival period, forums, project presentations, open laboratory visits and cooperative field studies will introduce participants to new perspectives and offer them time and space in which to explore their own ideas. 1/2/8 - URBAN FRICTIONS brings together people concerned with studying, changing or escaping the complex structure of the city and its effects.
Over the course of several weeks, the edition invites participants from the fields of art, science, journalism, urbanism, architecture and other broader disciplines, to engage in individual research as well as joint encounters, exchanges and experiments during symposia, open labs, talks, lectures, gatherings and presentations.
At certain stages, participants will also have the opportunity to invite visiting dialogue partners to inform both their own research and that of the other residents in the form of lectures or discussions. Travel and accommodation for visiting dialogue partners as well as an expense allowance will be covered by PACT.
Deadline of the Open Call is Monday, 19 February 2018 (5 pm CET). Applications are only possible via the online application form of PACT Zollverein.
A residency can incorporate the following:
Studio space (from 69 to 173 sq. m.)
Local accommodation (max. 6 people)
Weekly grant allowance of 500 € for all of the residency project participants (max. 6 people)
Travel costs covering one journey only per participant to and from PACT Zollverein (subject to prior agreement)
Technical equipment (by arrangement and subject to availability)
Possible lectures, workshops, exhibitions or performances (at short notice and subject to agreement)
Here you can find more information on the Open Call and how to apply.
- 9 AprilSeoul Street Arts Festival has an Open Call for its OFF programs.
- 4 AprilDutch Performing Arts will continue its organisation of visitors programmes around and with some of the most important Dutch festivals in 2018, to highlight the huge variety of Dutch performers and companies.
- 28 MarchPlatform-Scenography is pleased to announce that the Netherlands will be represented by Julian Hetzel’s performance installation SELF at the Prague Quadrennial 2019.
- 21 MarchThe 2018 Theatre503 Playwriting Award is now open for entries until 31 March 2018. Theatre503 supports debut and emerging writers.
- 19 MarchCINARS offers a unique opportunity to display a work in progress in front of presenters, artists and agents taking part in the CINARS Biennale in Montreal from 12-17 November, 2018.
- 19 MarchThe enrolment for Operation Music Theatre 2018 is open! Would you like to present your newest project to international bookers? This is your chance.
- 5 MarchPerforming artists can now apply to perform at the International Performing Arts for Youth Showcase Festival 2019 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 13 FebruaryIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, SICK! Festival is offering two commissions of €4,500 for early- to mid-career artists based in the Netherlands.
- 13 FebruaryThe International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) is now accepting applications for Pitch New Works, a forum for creators and presenters to promote their new performing arts projects that are in development, or that have recently premiered.
- 1 FebruaryDutch Performing Arts commissioned the Jazz Promotion Network (JPN) to coordinate the focus programme Going Dutch in 2017 and 2018 to support Dutch jazz musicians and/or groups to perform and tour in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
- 1 FebruaryPerforming Arts Market in Seoul (PAMS) has an Open Call for an international showcase programme. PAMS takes place in October 2018.
- 25 JanuarySegni New Generations Festival is looking for theatre companies and artists who wish to participate at their festival. Segni New Generations Festival is based in Manua, Italy, and is an international art event for children and young people.
- 22 JanuaryThe Tbilisi International Voice Competition will be held in Tbilisi from April 30 to May 5 2018. The Competition is open to women between the ages 21 and 30 men between the ages 22 and 32. See below more information on the competition, on members of the jury, and the conditions and application form.
- 28 DecemberAltoFest is looking for artists in the performing arts field for AltoFest 2018. AltoFest is an international festival of performing arts and trans-disciplinary interventions. The next edition will run 4-8 July, 2018 in Naples.
- 21 DecemberThis call is open for Dutch entries, information is in Dutch.Platform-Scenography nodigt scenografen, ontwerpers, kunstenaars, dramaturgen uit om te reageren op de Open Oproep Escaping the Bubble. Het betreft de Nederlandse inzending voor de Praagse Quadriennale in 2019.
- 14 December“Die Originale” (The Originals): a circus project from 28 March to 8 April, offers a seven-day-long workshop followed by a public presentation. Ten researchers from different fields – including circus, film, theatre and music – will be joined by an interdisciplinary group of artists to explore the theme of the circle.
- 13 DecemberThe 12th edition of inJazz will take place on June 28 and 29, 2018 in Rotterdam. InJazz is the biggest Dutch jazz network event and presents the talent of tomorrow for an audience of programmers, journalists, managers and record label representatives.
- 6 DecemberIt's getting close to the application deadline of the international competition Danse Elargie. Apply as soon as possible directly on the Danse Elargie website before the 31st December 2017.
- 30 NovemberWe are almost reaching the end of 2017. Let’s have a quick look back at this year full of great opportunities for Dutch performing artists to present themselves at international festivals, conferences and other key events.
- load more...