- 12 Oct. '16
Results of HOBRA at Dutch Design Week 2016The works created during the Dutch Olympic cultural programme HOBRA will be presented in the context of the Dutch Design Week on 23 October in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.In the period leading up to the Olympic Games ten duos of Dutch/Brazilian artists and creative professionals created new work. HOBRA is a combination of Holanda and Brasil – and it also refers to obra, which is the Portuguese word for (art) work. The Dutch-Brazilian duos worked in the disciplines of literature, film, theatre, music, dance, design, e-culture, visual arts, architecture, and in the field of cultural participation. During the project in Rio de Janeiro, the teams did not only work together as duos but were also challenged to connect to the work by other duos.
On Sunday 23 October, the results of this unique project will be presented in the Netherlands for the first time, in the context of the Dutch Design Week in Eindhoven. The presentation will take place in Strijp S (Torenallee 86, Eindhoven) at 3 pm. Entrance is free, but there's limited seeting, so please register here.
The Dutch HOBRA participants were: Sjoerd ter Borg (architecture), Sjaron Minailo (theatre), Jonas Ohlsson (art), Daan Gielis (film) Fernando Belfiore (dance), Yuri Veerman (design), Jan Cleijne (literature), Emma Rekers (music), Thomas Kuijpers (E culture) and Jörgen Tjon A Fong (cultural participation). The Dutch participants will be present on 23 October to show their results.
Brazil invited the Netherlands to contribute to the cultural programme surrounding the Olympic Games. HOBRA is a partnership between six Dutch cultural public funds: Fonds Podiumkunsten, Fonds voor Cultuurparticipatie, Mondriaan Fonds, Nederlands Filmfonds, Nederlands Letterenfonds, Stimuleringsfonds Creatieve Industrie, and DutchCulture. The programme was produced along with various Brazilian cultural partners, including the TEMPO theatre festival.
- 13 Dec. '18Altofest invites professional artists in the performing arts to send in their proposal for Altofest 2019.
- 11 Dec. '18Assitej welcomes proposals for the professionals' programme of Assitej Artistic Gathering in Kristiansand, Norway, from 2-7 September 2019.
- 2 Nov. '18Artists can now apply for the showcase of annual trade fair and showcase festival jazzahead! in Bremen, Germany.
- 24 Oct. '18Together with Dutch Performing Arts a delegation of six Dutch dance and theatremakers travelled to Seoul in October to visit the Performing Arts Market Seoul (PAMS). They received a contribution from Dutch Performing Arts for their visit aimed at promoting, researching and/or networking for a Dutch theatre or dance company.
- 23 Oct. '18Stückemarkt is searching for work that goes beyond descriptions of a status quo, imagines possible futures and seeks new forms of artistic-activist interference.
- 22 Oct. '18NAVE opens their Artes Vivas International Call 2019, aimed at artists interested in presenting creation and research projects within the field of 'Artes Vivas' ('living arts'), whether as individual, company or collective.
- 15 Oct. '18We’re pleased to announce the four new participants in the Netherlands Fellowship Programme.
- 15 Oct. '18Amateur theatre group TED Ankara College Alumni Association Theatre Group is looking for a Dutch art consultant to assist in the production of a youth play based on a Dutch tale.
- 18 Sep. '18Dutch Performing Arts and Flanders Arts Institute took the initiative to closely investigate the musical mobility in the Lowlands: What opportunities are there for Belgian artists to perform in the Netherlands and vice versa? And what room or need is there for improvement?
- 22 Aug. '18The call for proposals for Classical:NEXT 2019 is now open.
- 21 Aug. '18In June this year Dutch Performing Arts commissioned a special Dutch World Stage at networking and showcase festival inJazz, in collaboration with World Music Forum NL. Four Dutch acts presented themselves to an audience of Dutch and international music lovers and presenters. How do they look back on their performance? And what does the future hold for them?
- 14 Aug. '18
For residents of Egypt, Morocco, Russia, and Turkey: Apply for ISPA´s Netherlands Fellowship Programme 2019Following our earlier call, ISPA offers an additional place in the Netherlands Fellowship Programme, supported by Dutch Performing Arts. The programme provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the performing arts community. This call is open to residents of Egypt, Morocco, Russia, and Turkey.
- 13 Aug. '18In June this year Dutch Performing Arts commissioned a special Dutch World Stage at networking and showcase festival inJazz, in collaboration with World Music Forum NL. Four Dutch acts presented themselves to an audience of Dutch and international music lovers and presenters. How do they look back on their performance? And what does the future hold for them?
- 9 Aug. '18ASSITEJ Germany invites every ASSITEJ centre to nominate one director from their country to take part in Directors in TYA – An International Exchange.
- 8 Aug. '18Are you a Netherlands-based maker in field of theatre or dance, or (artistic) director/ representative of a Dutch theatre or dance company, and thinking about going to Performing Arts Market in Seoul (PAMS) 2018? Then you could get a contribution for your visit.
- 2 Aug. '18In June this year Dutch Performing Arts commissioned a special Dutch World Stage at networking and showcase festival inJazz, in collaboration with World Music Forum NL. Four Dutch acts presented themselves to an audience of Dutch and international music lovers and presenters. How do they look back on their performance? And what does the future hold for them?
- 31 Jul. '18ASSITEJ Norway and the Sand festival are on a worldwide search for interesting productions for a young audience. They're hosting next year's ASSITEJ Artistic Gathering in Kristiansand, Norway on 2-7 September 2019.
- 27 Jul. '18ASSITEJ invites 15 performing arts professionals (such as artistic directors, presenters and promoters) to K-PAP 2019.
- 20 Jul. '18Dutch Performing Arts commissioned the Jazz Promotion Network (JPN) to coordinate the focus programme Going Dutch in 2017 and 2018 to support Dutch jazz musicians and/or groups to perform and tour in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland. Check out our overview of upcoming gigs.
- 13 Jul. '18The Dramatic Arts Center of Iran (DAC) organises three international theatre festivals in different genres over the period of 2018-2019. Theatre managers and representatives are invited to submit performances.
- load more...