- 12 October
Results of HOBRA at Dutch Design Week 2016The works created during the Dutch Olympic cultural programme HOBRA will be presented in the context of the Dutch Design Week on 23 October in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.In the period leading up to the Olympic Games ten duos of Dutch/Brazilian artists and creative professionals created new work. HOBRA is a combination of Holanda and Brasil – and it also refers to obra, which is the Portuguese word for (art) work. The Dutch-Brazilian duos worked in the disciplines of literature, film, theatre, music, dance, design, e-culture, visual arts, architecture, and in the field of cultural participation. During the project in Rio de Janeiro, the teams did not only work together as duos but were also challenged to connect to the work by other duos.
On Sunday 23 October, the results of this unique project will be presented in the Netherlands for the first time, in the context of the Dutch Design Week in Eindhoven. The presentation will take place in Strijp S (Torenallee 86, Eindhoven) at 3 pm. Entrance is free, but there's limited seeting, so please register here.
The Dutch HOBRA participants were: Sjoerd ter Borg (architecture), Sjaron Minailo (theatre), Jonas Ohlsson (art), Daan Gielis (film) Fernando Belfiore (dance), Yuri Veerman (design), Jan Cleijne (literature), Emma Rekers (music), Thomas Kuijpers (E culture) and Jörgen Tjon A Fong (cultural participation). The Dutch participants will be present on 23 October to show their results.
Brazil invited the Netherlands to contribute to the cultural programme surrounding the Olympic Games. HOBRA is a partnership between six Dutch cultural public funds: Fonds Podiumkunsten, Fonds voor Cultuurparticipatie, Mondriaan Fonds, Nederlands Filmfonds, Nederlands Letterenfonds, Stimuleringsfonds Creatieve Industrie, and DutchCulture. The programme was produced along with various Brazilian cultural partners, including the TEMPO theatre festival.
- 13 JulyThe Dramatic Arts Center of Iran (DAC) organises three international theatre festivals in different genres over the period of 2018-2019. Theatre managers and representatives are invited to submit performances.
- 26 JuneK3 | Tanzplan Hamburg provides three eight-month residencies to emerging choreographers who have produced some choreographic work of their own.
- 11 JuneDance network Aerowaves invites talented emerging choreographers based in Europe to apply for the Aerowaves Twenty.
- 6 JuneThe first Dutch artists have been confirmed for the Reeperbahn Festival, Europe’s biggest club festival.
- 30 MayThis coming summer there are several Dutch performances in the context of Dutch Performing Arts | En France.
- 30 MayDe Doelen and Dutch Performing Arts promoted the classical and contemporary music scene at the Dutch Pavilion during Classical:NEXT 2018 from 16 to 20 May at De Doelen in Rotterdam.
- 30 MayDutch Performing Arts promotes Dutch music, theatre and dance abroad. These animation and infographics provide an overview of our activities in 2017.
- 30 MayAre you a Dutch-based musician, composer or (artistic) director of a Dutch music ensemble and thinking about going to Cinars and/or Mundial Montreal?
- 28 MayThe Netherlands Fellowship Program provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the Netherlands' performing arts community.
- 24 MayThe Music Theatre Committee in International Theatre Institute invites makers of operas of all shapes and sizes, which were professionally produced in the past three years, to submit their works.
- 9 AprilSeoul Street Arts Festival has an Open Call for its OFF programs.
- 4 AprilDutch Performing Arts will continue its organisation of visitors programmes around and with some of the most important Dutch festivals in 2018, to highlight the huge variety of Dutch performers and companies.
- 28 MarchPlatform-Scenography is pleased to announce that the Netherlands will be represented by Julian Hetzel’s performance installation SELF at the Prague Quadrennial 2019.
- 21 MarchThe 2018 Theatre503 Playwriting Award is now open for entries until 31 March 2018. Theatre503 supports debut and emerging writers.
- 19 MarchCINARS offers a unique opportunity to display a work in progress in front of presenters, artists and agents taking part in the CINARS Biennale in Montreal from 12-17 November, 2018.
- 19 MarchThe enrolment for Operation Music Theatre 2018 is open! Would you like to present your newest project to international bookers? This is your chance.
- 5 MarchPerforming artists can now apply to perform at the International Performing Arts for Youth Showcase Festival 2019 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 13 FebruaryIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, SICK! Festival is offering two commissions of €4,500 for early- to mid-career artists based in the Netherlands.
- 13 FebruaryThe International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) is now accepting applications for Pitch New Works, a forum for creators and presenters to promote their new performing arts projects that are in development, or that have recently premiered.
- 1 FebruaryDutch Performing Arts commissioned the Jazz Promotion Network (JPN) to coordinate the focus programme Going Dutch in 2017 and 2018 to support Dutch jazz musicians and/or groups to perform and tour in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
- load more...