- 28 Mar. '18
Dutch contribution to the Prague QuadrennialPlatform-Scenography is pleased to announce that the Netherlands will be represented by Julian Hetzel’s performance installation SELF at the Prague Quadrennial 2019.SELF will be presented from 6 to 16 June 2019, thanks to the support of Dutch Performing Arts and Creative Industries Fund NL. SELF is an interactive performative installation that questions corporate social responsibility by introducing guilt as a resource. The core element of the performative installation is a shop, a contemporary concept store where a single product is presented and sold: SELF – Human Soap. SELF is made from people for people. The soap is made from human fat, obtained from liposuction. SELF offers the possibility of caring for others by caring for yourself. The future of the project is embedded in a sustainable concept that appropriates corporate social responsibility: the profit from selling the soap will be donated to a charity, an organisation in the Democratic Republic of the Congo that provides fresh, purified drinking water for the local community. The store functions as a slick and enticing entrance to a complex and ambiguous universe that questions cultural consumerism and raises questions about individual and collective guilt.
It is a representative example of the expanded scenography we witness nowadays in the Netherlands, with scenographers and theatre-makers moving beyond the theatre building, engaging with other social domains and using scenography to frame urgent questions. With SELF, Platform-Scenography is presenting an example of scenography that creates a ‘thinking arena’, a space and time to question, rethink and experience urgent, present-day dilemmas. SELF punctures the bubble we live in, underlining the PQ statement that ‘performance environments are emotionally charged’, places where ‘design can become a quest, a question, an argument, a threat, a resolution or an agent of positive change.’
Concept & Director: Julian Hetzel
Dramaturg: Miguel Angel Melgares
Scenography: Studio SIDF
Video / Multimedia: Hertog & Nadler
Visual communication: Peim
Production management: Jasper Hupkens
Technical director: Vincent Beune
- 10 Apr. '19Archa Theatre invites performing arts professionals and students to apply for their summer school, taking place from 23 August - 6 September 2019 in Prague, Czech Republic.
- 8 Apr. '19Be Mobile-Create Together! offers emerging artists and authors the opportunity to reside in well-reputed artist residencies across France, Germany, the Netherlands and Turkey, covering all costs related to travel, transportation and artwork production.
- 27 Mar. '1927 March marks World Theatre Day, the annual worldwide celebration of theatre. The council of the International Theatre Institute selected Carlos Celdrán to give his personal reflections on the themes of theatre and a culture of peace.
- 25 Mar. '19The Performing Arts Fund NL and DutchCulture invite Dutch (performing) arts professionals for an interactive discussion about artistic freedom of those who work abroad.
- 12 Mar. '19Throughout 2019 Dutch Performing Arts continues to collaborate with renowned Dutch festivals for the organisation of visitors' programmes aimed at music, dance and (music) theatre presenters.
- 12 Mar. '19Throughout 2019 Dutch Performing Arts continues to collaborate with renowned Dutch festivals for the organisation of visitors' programmes. Invitations to the visitors' programmes are extended by the organising festivals.
- 20 Feb. '19The Festival Academy invites festival makers to apply for the 16th edition of Atelier NEXT, taking place from 13-19 November 2019 in the Eurometropolis region (Belgium/France).
- 24 Jan. '19Dutch Performing Arts invites young playwrights in the Netherlands and Flanders to participate in a four-day translation workshop led by bilingual author and translator Peter Waterhouse.
- 22 Jan. '19RESHAPE wants to (re)imagine new models of organising the arts sector. The organisation invites artists and cultural workers from Europe and the South Mediterranean to submit alternative models of working together or to engage audiences in innovative ways.
- 10 Jan. '19Busan International Performing Arts Festival (BIPAF) is hosting a competition for street arts called Dynamic Street.
- 13 Dec. '18Altofest invites professional artists in the performing arts to send in their proposal for Altofest 2019.
- 24 Oct. '18Together with Dutch Performing Arts a delegation of six Dutch dance and theatremakers travelled to Seoul in October to visit the Performing Arts Market Seoul (PAMS). They received a contribution from Dutch Performing Arts for their visit aimed at promoting, researching and/or networking for a Dutch theatre or dance company.
- 23 Oct. '18Stückemarkt is searching for work that goes beyond descriptions of a status quo, imagines possible futures and seeks new forms of artistic-activist interference.
- 22 Oct. '18NAVE opens their Artes Vivas International Call 2019, aimed at artists interested in presenting creation and research projects within the field of 'Artes Vivas' ('living arts'), whether as individual, company or collective.
- 14 Aug. '18
For residents of Egypt, Morocco, Russia, and Turkey: Apply for ISPA´s Netherlands Fellowship Programme 2019Following our earlier call, ISPA offers an additional place in the Netherlands Fellowship Programme, supported by Dutch Performing Arts. The programme provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the performing arts community. This call is open to residents of Egypt, Morocco, Russia, and Turkey.
- 8 Aug. '18Are you a Netherlands-based maker in field of theatre or dance, or (artistic) director/ representative of a Dutch theatre or dance company, and thinking about going to Performing Arts Market in Seoul (PAMS) 2018? Then you could get a contribution for your visit.
- 13 Jul. '18The Dramatic Arts Center of Iran (DAC) organises three international theatre festivals in different genres over the period of 2018-2019. Theatre managers and representatives are invited to submit performances.
- 30 May. '18Dutch Performing Arts promotes Dutch music, theatre and dance abroad. These animation and infographics provide an overview of our activities in 2017.
- 30 May. '18This coming summer there are several Dutch performances in the context of Dutch Performing Arts | En France.
- 28 May. '18The Netherlands Fellowship Program provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the Netherlands' performing arts community.
- load more...