- 24 May. '18
Open Call Music Theatre Now 2018The Music Theatre Committee in International Theatre Institute invites makers of operas of all shapes and sizes, which were professionally produced in the past three years, to submit their works.First productions of new works, which have been staged professionally anywhere in the world since July 2015, are eligible for submission. The jury welcomes submissions that demonstrate dynamism textually, in genre, score, or staging. We welcome works made by opera and theatre institutions, works created by festivals, or works created by individuals: the jury will appreciate a broad range of submissions that demonstrate new developments and dynamism.
Special attention will be given to works, whose musical and theatrical vocabulary originates from outside of the Western European tradition. As a guideline for regions where music theatre or opera are not well defined: we encourage interdisciplinary submissions, where music plays a dominant role.
Prizewinners will be invited to the international meeting of Music Theater NOW in May 2019, which will be held at the Operadagen, an annual international performing arts festival in Rotterdam (The Netherlands). Practitioners and presenters from all over the world will attend the convention. Music Theatre NOW award winners will present their work in short lectures to an invited group of performing arts festival directors and presenters from across the globe – giving the winners a unique opportunity to introduce themselves to important professionals in the field.
Prizewinners will also qualify for an additional prize: invitations to perform at prestigious partner venues across the world. For the upcoming round several festivals have declared their intent to invite winning productions to perform in the near future. Operadagen Rotterdam have committed to stage at least one production during 2019. Additionally festivals such as Prototype Festival (New York), NOA Festival (Vilnius) and Beijing Music Festival have all expressed serious interest in staging productions.
A five-member internationally renowned jury will select a total of 10 prizewinning works that are exemplary in terms of the contemporary developments in music theatre. Jury members are: Krystian Lada (dramaturg / Brussels), Neo Muyanga (composer and musician / Cape Town), Shoshana Polanco (creative producer / Mexico City), Liu Sola (composer, vocalist and author / Beijing) and Limor Tomer (general manager of concerts and lectures Metropolitan Museum of Art / New York).
Music Theatre NOW offers a unique opportunity in this area of the performing arts. Since 2008 more than 1000 world premieres of new opera and music theatre have been entered into this prestigious competition, bringing together practitioners and presenters. Former winners have performed at festivals around the world. Music Theatre NOW has been the launch pad for many successful international careers.
More information, application form and FAQ online:
- 24 Jan. '19Dutch Performing Arts invites young playwrights in the Netherlands and Flanders to participate in a four-day translation workshop led by bilingual author and translator Peter Waterhouse.
- 22 Jan. '19RESHAPE wants to (re)imagine new models of organising the arts sector. The organisation invites artists and cultural workers from Europe and the South Mediterranean to submit alternative models of working together or to engage audiences in innovative ways.
- 10 Jan. '19Busan International Performing Arts Festival (BIPAF) is hosting a competition for street arts called Dynamic Street.
- 13 Dec. '18Altofest invites professional artists in the performing arts to send in their proposal for Altofest 2019.
- 24 Oct. '18Together with Dutch Performing Arts a delegation of six Dutch dance and theatremakers travelled to Seoul in October to visit the Performing Arts Market Seoul (PAMS). They received a contribution from Dutch Performing Arts for their visit aimed at promoting, researching and/or networking for a Dutch theatre or dance company.
- 23 Oct. '18Stückemarkt is searching for work that goes beyond descriptions of a status quo, imagines possible futures and seeks new forms of artistic-activist interference.
- 22 Oct. '18NAVE opens their Artes Vivas International Call 2019, aimed at artists interested in presenting creation and research projects within the field of 'Artes Vivas' ('living arts'), whether as individual, company or collective.
- 14 Aug. '18
For residents of Egypt, Morocco, Russia, and Turkey: Apply for ISPA´s Netherlands Fellowship Programme 2019Following our earlier call, ISPA offers an additional place in the Netherlands Fellowship Programme, supported by Dutch Performing Arts. The programme provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the performing arts community. This call is open to residents of Egypt, Morocco, Russia, and Turkey.
- 8 Aug. '18Are you a Netherlands-based maker in field of theatre or dance, or (artistic) director/ representative of a Dutch theatre or dance company, and thinking about going to Performing Arts Market in Seoul (PAMS) 2018? Then you could get a contribution for your visit.
- 13 Jul. '18The Dramatic Arts Center of Iran (DAC) organises three international theatre festivals in different genres over the period of 2018-2019. Theatre managers and representatives are invited to submit performances.
- 30 May. '18Dutch Performing Arts promotes Dutch music, theatre and dance abroad. These animation and infographics provide an overview of our activities in 2017.
- 30 May. '18This coming summer there are several Dutch performances in the context of Dutch Performing Arts | En France.
- 28 May. '18The Netherlands Fellowship Program provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the Netherlands' performing arts community.
- 9 Apr. '18Seoul Street Arts Festival has an Open Call for its OFF programs.
- 4 Apr. '18Dutch Performing Arts will continue its organisation of visitors programmes around and with some of the most important Dutch festivals in 2018, to highlight the huge variety of Dutch performers and companies.
- 28 Mar. '18Platform-Scenography is pleased to announce that the Netherlands will be represented by Julian Hetzel’s performance installation SELF at the Prague Quadrennial 2019.
- 21 Mar. '18The 2018 Theatre503 Playwriting Award is now open for entries until 31 March 2018. Theatre503 supports debut and emerging writers.
- 19 Mar. '18CINARS offers a unique opportunity to display a work in progress in front of presenters, artists and agents taking part in the CINARS Biennale in Montreal from 12-17 November, 2018.
- 19 Mar. '18The enrolment for Operation Music Theatre 2018 is open! Would you like to present your newest project to international bookers? This is your chance.
- load more...