- 24 Oct. '18
Recap: Dutch delegation visits PAMS in SeoulTogether with Dutch Performing Arts a delegation of six Dutch dance and theatremakers travelled to Seoul in October to visit the Performing Arts Market Seoul (PAMS). They received a contribution from Dutch Performing Arts for their visit aimed at promoting, researching and/or networking for a Dutch theatre or dance company.Dutch Performing Arts was present at PAMS 2018 from 9-12 October with Dutch delegates: Gable Roelofsen (Het Geluid Maastricht), Jija Sohn (artist), Job Rietveld (Wild Vlees), Karel van Laere (artist), Machteld Vinkenborg and Wouter Goedheer (Nieuwe Helden).
Check out the photo report by delegates Karel, Job and Jija.
Karel van Laere:"Travellers arriving at the colossal Incheon airport in Seoul receive a warm/cold welcome from a robot. The robot can take your picture and it accompanies you to the arrivals hall. From the moment you arrive, you’re unmistakenbly in Korea.""The Performing Arts Market in Seoul is a networking market for programmers, artists and producers. Artists present their work during a pitch session in a booth. You can also meet with Korean programmers in one-on-one speed dates, during which you can briefly present your work and get to know the programmers on a personal level.""After six days of networking, the Dutch delegation said goodbye to PAMS in style: In a Korean sauna. I was thrilled to visit PAMS as part of the Dutch delegation. My visit enabled me to meet with many new people and it will possibly lead to new locations for my performances."Job Rietveld:"I attended the PAMS to represent my physical theatre company Wild Vlees. I had lots of meetings with arts professionals to introduce the company, and there were plenty of opportunities to see Korean shows at the Seoul Performing Arts Festival, the Seoul International Dance Festival and more. Our Dutch delegation also had dinner with employees of the Embassy of the Netherlands in South Korea.""We participated in the performance ‘Bodies in the Dark’ by Korean art group Elephant Laugh.""A shot of Karel at the big and impressive speed dating schedule at PAMS for one-on-one meetings with Korean arts professionals."Jija Sohn:
- 24 Jan. '19Dutch Performing Arts invites young playwrights in the Netherlands and Flanders to participate in a four-day translation workshop led by bilingual author and translator Peter Waterhouse.
- 22 Jan. '19RESHAPE wants to (re)imagine new models of organising the arts sector. The organisation invites artists and cultural workers from Europe and the South Mediterranean to submit alternative models of working together or to engage audiences in innovative ways.
- 10 Jan. '19Busan International Performing Arts Festival (BIPAF) is hosting a competition for street arts called Dynamic Street.
- 13 Dec. '18Altofest invites professional artists in the performing arts to send in their proposal for Altofest 2019.
- 23 Oct. '18Stückemarkt is searching for work that goes beyond descriptions of a status quo, imagines possible futures and seeks new forms of artistic-activist interference.
- 22 Oct. '18NAVE opens their Artes Vivas International Call 2019, aimed at artists interested in presenting creation and research projects within the field of 'Artes Vivas' ('living arts'), whether as individual, company or collective.
- 14 Aug. '18
For residents of Egypt, Morocco, Russia, and Turkey: Apply for ISPA´s Netherlands Fellowship Programme 2019Following our earlier call, ISPA offers an additional place in the Netherlands Fellowship Programme, supported by Dutch Performing Arts. The programme provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the performing arts community. This call is open to residents of Egypt, Morocco, Russia, and Turkey.
- 8 Aug. '18Are you a Netherlands-based maker in field of theatre or dance, or (artistic) director/ representative of a Dutch theatre or dance company, and thinking about going to Performing Arts Market in Seoul (PAMS) 2018? Then you could get a contribution for your visit.
- 13 Jul. '18The Dramatic Arts Center of Iran (DAC) organises three international theatre festivals in different genres over the period of 2018-2019. Theatre managers and representatives are invited to submit performances.
- 30 May. '18Dutch Performing Arts promotes Dutch music, theatre and dance abroad. These animation and infographics provide an overview of our activities in 2017.
- 30 May. '18This coming summer there are several Dutch performances in the context of Dutch Performing Arts | En France.
- 28 May. '18The Netherlands Fellowship Program provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the Netherlands' performing arts community.
- 24 May. '18The Music Theatre Committee in International Theatre Institute invites makers of operas of all shapes and sizes, which were professionally produced in the past three years, to submit their works.
- 9 Apr. '18Seoul Street Arts Festival has an Open Call for its OFF programs.
- 4 Apr. '18Dutch Performing Arts will continue its organisation of visitors programmes around and with some of the most important Dutch festivals in 2018, to highlight the huge variety of Dutch performers and companies.
- 28 Mar. '18Platform-Scenography is pleased to announce that the Netherlands will be represented by Julian Hetzel’s performance installation SELF at the Prague Quadrennial 2019.
- 21 Mar. '18The 2018 Theatre503 Playwriting Award is now open for entries until 31 March 2018. Theatre503 supports debut and emerging writers.
- 19 Mar. '18CINARS offers a unique opportunity to display a work in progress in front of presenters, artists and agents taking part in the CINARS Biennale in Montreal from 12-17 November, 2018.
- 19 Mar. '18The enrolment for Operation Music Theatre 2018 is open! Would you like to present your newest project to international bookers? This is your chance.
- load more...