- 24 Oct. '18
Recap: Dutch delegation visits PAMS in SeoulTogether with Dutch Performing Arts a delegation of six Dutch dance and theatremakers travelled to Seoul in October to visit the Performing Arts Market Seoul (PAMS). They received a contribution from Dutch Performing Arts for their visit aimed at promoting, researching and/or networking for a Dutch theatre or dance company.Dutch Performing Arts was present at PAMS 2018 from 9-12 October with Dutch delegates: Gable Roelofsen (Het Geluid Maastricht), Jija Sohn (artist), Job Rietveld (Wild Vlees), Karel van Laere (artist), Machteld Vinkenborg and Wouter Goedheer (Nieuwe Helden).
Check out the photo report by delegates Karel, Job and Jija.
Karel van Laere:"Travellers arriving at the colossal Incheon airport in Seoul receive a warm/cold welcome from a robot. The robot can take your picture and it accompanies you to the arrivals hall. From the moment you arrive, you’re unmistakenbly in Korea.""The Performing Arts Market in Seoul is a networking market for programmers, artists and producers. Artists present their work during a pitch session in a booth. You can also meet with Korean programmers in one-on-one speed dates, during which you can briefly present your work and get to know the programmers on a personal level.""After six days of networking, the Dutch delegation said goodbye to PAMS in style: In a Korean sauna. I was thrilled to visit PAMS as part of the Dutch delegation. My visit enabled me to meet with many new people and it will possibly lead to new locations for my performances."Job Rietveld:"I attended the PAMS to represent my physical theatre company Wild Vlees. I had lots of meetings with arts professionals to introduce the company, and there were plenty of opportunities to see Korean shows at the Seoul Performing Arts Festival, the Seoul International Dance Festival and more. Our Dutch delegation also had dinner with employees of the Embassy of the Netherlands in South Korea.""We participated in the performance ‘Bodies in the Dark’ by Korean art group Elephant Laugh.""A shot of Karel at the big and impressive speed dating schedule at PAMS for one-on-one meetings with Korean arts professionals."Jija Sohn:
- 10 Apr. '19Archa Theatre invites performing arts professionals and students to apply for their summer school, taking place from 23 August - 6 September 2019 in Prague, Czech Republic.
- 8 Apr. '19Be Mobile-Create Together! offers emerging artists and authors the opportunity to reside in well-reputed artist residencies across France, Germany, the Netherlands and Turkey, covering all costs related to travel, transportation and artwork production.
- 27 Mar. '1927 March marks World Theatre Day, the annual worldwide celebration of theatre. The council of the International Theatre Institute selected Carlos Celdrán to give his personal reflections on the themes of theatre and a culture of peace.
- 25 Mar. '19The Performing Arts Fund NL and DutchCulture invite Dutch (performing) arts professionals for an interactive discussion about artistic freedom of those who work abroad.
- 12 Mar. '19Throughout 2019 Dutch Performing Arts continues to collaborate with renowned Dutch festivals for the organisation of visitors' programmes aimed at music, dance and (music) theatre presenters.
- 12 Mar. '19Throughout 2019 Dutch Performing Arts continues to collaborate with renowned Dutch festivals for the organisation of visitors' programmes. Invitations to the visitors' programmes are extended by the organising festivals.
- 20 Feb. '19The Festival Academy invites festival makers to apply for the 16th edition of Atelier NEXT, taking place from 13-19 November 2019 in the Eurometropolis region (Belgium/France).
- 24 Jan. '19Dutch Performing Arts invites young playwrights in the Netherlands and Flanders to participate in a four-day translation workshop led by bilingual author and translator Peter Waterhouse.
- 22 Jan. '19RESHAPE wants to (re)imagine new models of organising the arts sector. The organisation invites artists and cultural workers from Europe and the South Mediterranean to submit alternative models of working together or to engage audiences in innovative ways.
- 10 Jan. '19Busan International Performing Arts Festival (BIPAF) is hosting a competition for street arts called Dynamic Street.
- 13 Dec. '18Altofest invites professional artists in the performing arts to send in their proposal for Altofest 2019.
- 23 Oct. '18Stückemarkt is searching for work that goes beyond descriptions of a status quo, imagines possible futures and seeks new forms of artistic-activist interference.
- 22 Oct. '18NAVE opens their Artes Vivas International Call 2019, aimed at artists interested in presenting creation and research projects within the field of 'Artes Vivas' ('living arts'), whether as individual, company or collective.
- 14 Aug. '18
For residents of Egypt, Morocco, Russia, and Turkey: Apply for ISPA´s Netherlands Fellowship Programme 2019Following our earlier call, ISPA offers an additional place in the Netherlands Fellowship Programme, supported by Dutch Performing Arts. The programme provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the performing arts community. This call is open to residents of Egypt, Morocco, Russia, and Turkey.
- 8 Aug. '18Are you a Netherlands-based maker in field of theatre or dance, or (artistic) director/ representative of a Dutch theatre or dance company, and thinking about going to Performing Arts Market in Seoul (PAMS) 2018? Then you could get a contribution for your visit.
- 13 Jul. '18The Dramatic Arts Center of Iran (DAC) organises three international theatre festivals in different genres over the period of 2018-2019. Theatre managers and representatives are invited to submit performances.
- 30 May. '18Dutch Performing Arts promotes Dutch music, theatre and dance abroad. These animation and infographics provide an overview of our activities in 2017.
- 30 May. '18This coming summer there are several Dutch performances in the context of Dutch Performing Arts | En France.
- 28 May. '18The Netherlands Fellowship Program provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the Netherlands' performing arts community.
- load more...