- 12 Mar. '19
Visitors' programmes 2019: Dance and (music) theatreThroughout 2019 Dutch Performing Arts continues to collaborate with renowned Dutch festivals for the organisation of visitors' programmes. Invitations to the visitors' programmes are extended by the organising festivals.We're pleased to share an overview of this year's programmes in the fields of dance and (music) theatre.
SPRING Performing Arts Festival - 15-25 May 2019, UtrechtVisitors' programme: 23-25 May 2019
International platform for performance, theatre and dance works. International delegates can meet emerging and pioneering performers who live and work in the Netherlands.
Moving Futures - February-June 2019, various citiesVisitors' programme: 22-26 May 2019 in Amsterdam
Traveling festival that presents works of emerging choreographers. From Feburary until June 2019 the festival travels to Arnhem, Maastricht, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Groningen, Breda, The Hague, Tilburg, Nijmegen, Amsterdam, Zwolle.
Operadagen Rotterdam - 17-26 May 2019, RotterdamVisitors' programme: 19-22 May 2019
Ten-day festival that presents opera and music theatre as you have never seen it before. The visitors' programme introduces (new) Dutch work, musicians and companies to international presenters.
Operadagen Rotterdam also organises Operation Music Theatre on 21 May 2019. Through elevator pitches and speed dates, music theatre makers can present their latest works and get acquainted with programmers and other makers from all over the world.
DAS Theatre's graduates - 27 May-2 June 2019, AmsterdamVisitors' programme: 30 May-1 June 2019
Presentations by graduates of the Academy of Theatre and Dance.
BRIKfestival (previously named Stiltefestival) - 5-11 June 2019, BredaVisitors' programme: 5-9 June 2019
Imaginative performances from all over the world. The festival caters to babies, toddlers, young children and their (extended) families and neighbours, and all other grownups.
Oerol - 14-23 June 2019, TerschellingVisitors' programme: 17-19 June 2019
Landscape arts festivals on the island of Terschelling in the Wadden Sea. The island is transformed into a unique natural stage for theatre, dance, art installations and music.
Theaterfestival Boulevard - 1-11 August 2019, ‘s-HertogenboschDates visitors' programme: to be announced
Theatre festival that offers an adventurous and varied programme, with performing artists from the Netherlands and Flanders (the northern part of Belgium), plus international directors and choreographers. International delegates will see performances, meet the festival organisation and meet producers of the artists performing.
Nederlandse Dansdagen (Dutch Dance Festival) - 1-6 October, MaastrichtDates visitors' programme: to be announced
Remarkable performances from up-and-coming choreographers as well as established dance companies. International delegates will see premieres from remarkable choreographers such as Keren Levi and Dunja Jocic, followed by a selection of the best performances of this season.
More coming soon
More programmes and exact dates of the visitors' programmes will be announced soon.
Interested to see what's coming up in the field of music? Check this overview.
Want more information?
Please contact Anja Krans of Dutch Performing Arts via firstname.lastname@example.org or the aforementioned festivals.
- 15 May. '19During Classical:NEXT, the global meeting for art music innovators, Dutch radio station de Concertzender will do live podcasts. Classical:NEXT 2019 takes place from 15-18 May 2019 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- 13 May. '19IUGTE invites actors, dancers and directors to apply for their International Physical Theatre Workshop, taking place from 10-17 June 2019 in Leitring, Austria.
- 10 May. '19Theatremaker and visual artist Julian Hetzel represents the Netherlands at the Prague Quadrennial next month. With the support of Dutch Performing Arts and Creative Industries Fund NL, Hetzel's performative installation 'SELF' will be presented from 6-16 June 2019.
- 7 May. '19NIPAI (New International Performing Arts Institute) organises a new 18-month programme for (aspiring) directors, movement directors, actors coaches, choreographers, arts managers and creative leaders.
- 30 Apr. '19Dutch Performing Arts is excited to collaborate with new partners in the UK and Italy to present Dutch music to international audiences.
- 30 Apr. '19Dutch Performing Arts is pleased to expand its network of theatre and dance partners for the organisation of international visitors' programmes with three more organisations.
- 30 Apr. '19Dutch Performing Arts is pleased to expand its network of music partners for the organisation of international visitors' programmes with two more festivals.
- 29 Apr. '19Every year on 29 April we celebrate International Dance Day. This worldwide celebration of dance is an initiative of the Dance Committee of the International Theatre Institute (ITI).
- 10 Apr. '19Archa Theatre invites performing arts professionals and students to apply for their summer school, taking place from 23 August - 6 September 2019 in Prague, Czech Republic.
- 8 Apr. '19Be Mobile-Create Together! offers emerging artists and authors the opportunity to reside in well-reputed artist residencies across France, Germany, the Netherlands and Turkey, covering all costs related to travel, transportation and artwork production.
- 28 Mar. '19Dutch Performing Arts and the Kennedy Center collaborate on a season-long Dutch focus that brings award-winning and accomplished work from the Netherlands to families and student audiences in Washington. The Dutch focus kicks off in October and November 2019 and will continue in January and April 2020.
- 27 Mar. '1927 March marks World Theatre Day, the annual worldwide celebration of theatre. The council of the International Theatre Institute selected Carlos Celdrán to give his personal reflections on the themes of theatre and a culture of peace.
- 26 Mar. '19Are you a Germany-based company or artist whose dance production is invited to perform in a foreign country? Or is your (international) coproduction realised in Germany? Then you are eligible to apply for the International Guest Performance Fund for Dance or for the Coproduction Fund for Dance.
- 25 Mar. '19The Performing Arts Fund NL and DutchCulture invite Dutch (performing) arts professionals for an interactive discussion about artistic freedom of those who work abroad.
- 20 Mar. '19On 20 March we celebrate World Day of Theatre for Children and Young People, a worldwide celebration of performing arts for children and young people.
- 12 Mar. '19Throughout 2019 Dutch Performing Arts continues to collaborate with renowned Dutch festivals for the organisation of visitors' programmes. Invitations to the visitors' programmes are extended by the organising festivals.
- 12 Mar. '19Throughout 2019 Dutch Performing Arts continues to collaborate with renowned Dutch festivals for the organisation of visitors' programmes aimed at music, dance and (music) theatre presenters.
- 7 Mar. '19LoLanders is the first artistic collaboration of the Going Dutch programme, featuring three musicians from Scotland alongside three from the Netherlands.
- 20 Feb. '19The Festival Academy invites festival makers to apply for the 16th edition of Atelier NEXT, taking place from 13-19 November 2019 in the Eurometropolis region (Belgium/France).
- load more...