- 11 May
For artists: Call for performances 19th ASSITEJ World CongressASSITEJ South Africa announces the call for performances to be presented during the 19th ASSITEJ World Congress of the International Association of Theatre for Children and Young People. It takes place from 17-27 May 2017 in Cape Town, under the over-arching theme “Cradle of Creativity”.The World Congress is the most important meeting of all members of ASSITEJ (International Association of Theatre for Children and Young People), which takes place once every three years. It is the culmination of the working life of the association for that three-year period, reflecting on the last three years of activity and creating a vision collectively with its members for the future.
The festival will encompass a diverse and rich range of theatre productions from across the globe during the last few years, with a special focus on Africa as the “Cradle of Creativity”. It will give a snapshot of theatre for young audiences as it exists at this point in history, and as represented by performances from a wide variety of countries and continents. This is the first time that the Congress and Festival will be held on African soil.
You can submit to the international platform here. The deadline for applications is 30 April 2016.
- 5 MarchPerforming artists can now apply to perform at the International Performing Arts for Youth Showcase Festival 2019 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 25 JanuarySegni New Generations Festival is looking for theatre companies and artists who wish to participate at their festival. Segni New Generations Festival is based in Manua, Italy, and is an international art event for children and young people.
- 14 SeptemberThe International Association of Theatre for Children and Young People (ASSITEJ) will organize the ASSITEJ Artistic Gathering China 2018 during 15-25 August 2018 in Beijing, China. For the 8th edition of this Children’s Theatre Festival, the organization calls on artists in the performing arts scene to submit proposals for the ASSITEJ Artistic Gathering 2018.
- 11 SeptemberDutch Performing Arts has commissioned Assitej NL to represent the Dutch performing arts for children at nine different theatre and dance festivals across Europe, in 2017 and 2018.
- 1 SeptemberThe Dutch cultural funds - Perfoming Arts Fund NL, Mondriaan Fund, Creative Industries Fund NL, Film Fund, and Dutch Foundation for Literature*, offer a joint residency in the Van Doesburg house in Meudon-Val-Fleury, Paris, in the next three years (2018-2020). Makers and mediators working in the disciplines of visual arts, creative industries, performing arts and film are invited to submit a proposal.
- 28 AugustThe Chinese company Grand Boat Culture is currently seeking: Shows for a young audience (3 to 9 years old) in theatre, dance, music and multidisciplinary arts Exhibits and interactive activities for a young audience and their families
- 8 MarchPerforming artists can now apply to perform at the International Performing Arts for Youth Showcase Festival 2018 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 26 OctoberTwo Dutch productions have won a YAMaward. Roodhapje (Little Red Riding Food) by Holland Opera won an award for Best Opera and Creatures by Het Balletorkest and ISH won an award for Best Large Ensemble. Congratulations!
- 12 OctoberFor their upcoming edition, from 12-16 September 2017, SAND Festival is looking for performances from all over the world. Deadline for submissions is 1 November 2016.
- 5 OctoberThree Dutch productions are nominated for a YAMaward: Roodhapje (Little Red Riding Food) by Holland Opera, Zwier (Twirl) by Wervelwind and Creatures by Het Balletorkest and ISH.
- 10 MarchPerforming artists can now apply to perform at the International Performing Arts for Youth Showcase Festival 2017 in Madison, Wisconsin.
- 2 FebruaryOn 30 January Erik Kaiel / Arch8 won the People's Choice Victor Award at IPAY Showcase Festival 2016 for the performance 'Tetris'.
- 25 NovemberStarke Stücke is an international theatre festival aimed at young audiences, and in 2016 it is teaming up with the Mousonturm and the Theaterhaus Frankfurt to offer a multi-level international residency programme on the subject of theatre for a young audience.
- 7 SeptemberErik Kaiel/Arch8 is one of the 17 selected companies to give a showcase at IPAY 2016.
- 9 AprilIETM's Staff Exchange Programme offers IETM members a unique opportunity to gain a short but valuable international experience by joining the team of another member organisation and hosting a professional from abroad. The duration of an exchange programme may vary from 1 week to 3 months or more.
- 9 AprilBetween 6 and 12 June IETM (International Network for Contemporary Performing Arts) organises, for the first time, IETMCampus in Almagro (Spain).
- 23 MarchTweetakt/Kaap is an adventurous art festival for all ages with an international programme of theatre and dance performances, music, cabaret, games and (interactive) visual art installations.
- 3 MarchCulture at a Glance (Cultuur in Beeld) is published annually by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science.
- load more...